Norgas has developed flexible small-scale Floating Storage and Regasification Units (FSRUs) for gas consumers not connected to a gas pipeline today. The FSRUs can be constructed as a floating barge , as a floating hull or as a self-elevated platform solution.
The Norgas FSRU is a Jettyless FSRU Solution and it is Tsunami Resilient
- Norgas has developed a Floating small-scale Storage and Regas Unit (FSRU) as a barge solution for stranded gas consumers.
- The FSRU unit will be permanently stationed alongside a shore- based consumer (e.g.power plant).
- The FSRU can be located in shallow waters in areas susceptible to Tsunamis.
- To achieve this, we are using a Self-Elevated Platform/Barge to house the relevant equipment.
- The FSRU unit is fitted with re-gas vaporisers, associated pumps, a BOG compressor, sufficient
storage tanks, and can be raised above the maximum expected tide and wave height.
- The annual volumes of LNG transported and converted to gas and fed to the power plant will increase over time. To stagger the capital expenditure, we have a solution where 3 tanks each 2,500 m3 can be installed in the initial phase and more tanks added progressively as the ‘take-out’ volumes increase. The initial design concept takes into account such “plug & play” concept for the tanks to minimise future down time and disruption.
- A Norgas design small-scale LNG shuttle vessel will call alongside the FSRU unit periodically and safely moore to top up the 7,500-12,500 storage tanks.
|Brief technical details|
|Storage capacity:||7,500 – 12,500 cub.m (modular)|
|Regas capacity:||Abt. 10 mmscfd|
|Legs:||Pipe legs / column type legs|
|Accommodation:||For 10 persons|
|Lead time:||24-30 months inc. commissioning|
Download brochure: NORGAS FSRU