Norgas has developed a concept for distribution of LNG on 40ft ISO containers for potential gas consumers not connected to a pipeline today. Applicable for smaller LNG volumes (0-100MW equivalent power plants, but can also be economically developed for up to 300MW depending on LNG sourcing point) and customers requiring quick startup.
Norgas LNG ISO Container Solutions – Intermodal LNG Transportation
- Norgas has developed a concept for distribution of LNG on 40ft ISO containers for potential gas consumers not connected to a pipeline today providing prospective clients with the following benefits:
- Reduced lead time compared to conventional Small Scale LNG solutions – 6 months vs 24-36 months.
- Use of standard ISO LNG containers with IMDG certification does not require extensive approval procedures before application. Can be used at existing port and road infrastructure.
- Lower CAPEX as intermodular infrastructure can be rented on shorter term basis.
- The LNG ISO container solution can be applied anywhere in the world where there is a container port and suitable roads to move containers on land.
- LNG can be supplied from a truck loading unit connected to a terminal or storage tank (relevant examples are Spain or Singapore), or a floating barge with a truck loading unit that can be moored against a large LNG carrier creating a “floating jetty”.
- If loaded from an LNG Carrier, a barge can be stationed alongside a LNG “Mother vessel” where the empty containers received from the feeder vessel can be filled up.
- The LNG ISO containers can be transported by sea on traditional container feeder vessels, or alternatively an economical Norgas ISO carrier can be developed by utilizing an existing Offshore Support Vessel with minimal modifications.
The transportation of LNG via ISO tank containers is an innovative and effective supplement to conventional natural gas distribution. It is a flexible, quick and a low-cost solution with short lead-time. It’s a well proven solution and the ISO LNG tank container model is very well suited as a start-up solution or for smaller volumes in remote locations.
|Brief technical details|
|ISO containers size:||40ft|
|ISO containers spec:||45m3/18ton LNG, 7 bar|
|Lead time:||6 months inc. commissioning|
|Applicable for:||Smaller LNG volumes (0-100MW equivalent power plants, but can also be economically developed for up to 300MW depending on LNG sourcing point), remote clients and quick startup|